Rossmar Park

Rossmar Park

WHAT

American

WHERE

Quirindi

WHEN

1926

Rossmar Park is situated overlooking the spectacular Breeza Plain. Originally built in 1926 for the Capper family, it has been home of the Duddy’s since 1934. Its original design was adapted from an American Architectural Journal, and it features timbers milled on the property, round tree trunk verandah posts and eight native stone fireplaces.

 

In 1952 a substantial domestic wing, garaging, plants and meat rooms were all constructed from designs by Maitland architect  Ross Forward. The house and gardens have undergone considerable conservation and restoration work over the last 25 years under the guidance of Tim Duddy, past chair of the HHA.

press to zoom
press to zoom
press to zoom
1/1