Milton Terrace -Millers Point
Milton Terrace is composed of ten four-storey residences richly detailed in the Greek Revival style. Nine are six metres wide and one is nine metres wide, providing the first clue to the origins of what was described at one time as the finest terrace in the Colony.
Early residents of Milton Terrace included musicians, arts administrators and bankers, and the residences were individually occupied, but by the late 1880s a few had been turned into boarding houses.
Ownership of Milton Terrace was transferred to the Maritime Services Board around 1937, and following the moving of port activities from Sydney Harbour to Port Botany, the MSB transferred ownership of its residential properties to NSW Housing.
Between 2014 and 2018, the residents of government-owned housing in Dawes Point were displaced and the properties sold. The Milton Terrace properties were amongst the last to be sold by the government, and new owners have spent the past few years restoring and renovating the properties to an extraordinarily high standard.
Millers Point, NSW