1/2

Cox's Cottage  -Mulgoa

Cox’s Cottage was built by William Cox, best known for supervising the construction of the first road over the Blue Mountains. The Cottage was extended c1820 and today it retains this early form: a hipped roof, single storey verandahed cottage – the classic Australian colonial bungalow. Its walls are brick-nogged and covered externally with weatherboards, while the original shingled roof was replaced with zinc-coated flat-iron roofing tiles c1850. It is described as the oldest weatherboard house in New South Wales and the oldest house in private occupation in Australia. 

Privately owned.  HHA members will be informed of special open days.

WHAT

Georgian

WHERE

Mulgoa, NSW 

WHEN

1810

Contact Us

Historic Houses Association of Australia Limited
1A Carthona Avenue, Darling Point,

NSW, 2027 
enquiries@hha.net.au     02 9252 5554

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White Instagram Icon

ABN: 40 282 275 317

© 2019 by Historic Houses Association of Australia Ltd