Beleura House and Garden - Mornington
Erected by James Butchart between 1860 and 1865, Beleura is one of several stately homes constructed as summer retreats along the Mornington Peninsula between 1860 and 1890 for Victoria's rich and famous. Theatrical entrepreneur, George Tallis, who was knighted in 1922, purchased the property in 1915 as a summer retreat and, on retirement, developed it as an Ayrshire stud. The estate was taken over by John Tallis, George's son, in 1949 and the property is now managed as a house museum by the Tallis Foundation.
Opening Times: Guided tours are available for individuals and groups on selected days throughout the year.